WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMERGENCY HVAC REPAIRS
September 26, 2017
By: Patricia Cermignano
Whether it is the hottest day of summer or the coldest day of winter, you rely on your HVAC system to keep you comfortable. However, similar to other household appliances, your HVAC system can breakdown, and often times there are little to no warning signs. Before calling for emergency service, please read the tips below. It may help prevent a service call or help us diagnose your problem quicker.
If your HVAC system breaks down, try the following the steps right away:
- Check the thermostat settings to ensure that the temperature control selector is set below the current room temperature and that the system is switched to the AUTO position.
- Check the power disconnect switch by each unit for both the indoor and outdoor unit (where necessary) to see if the system is powered on.
- Check the air filters to make sure that they are not dirty, as a dirty air filter can block the air flow from your system to the rest of your house.
- Check the circuit breaker at the electrical panel for both the indoor and outdoor unit (where necessary).
- Check that all air registers are open and are not obstructed.
For more troubleshooting information, please visit our website at www.bobsredtrucks.com/support/furnace-heat-pump-air-conditioning-troubleshooting/.
Turn Your System Off
If your system is still not working properly, turn your HVAC unit off. You do not want to have a HVAC unit running if there is an issue with your system, as this could make the problem worse. Common issues include the lack of cooling/heating, limited to no airflow, noises or high energy bills.
Call Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. for Emergency Repairs
Once the unit is turned off, call Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. at 610-642-6323 to have one of our certified and trained technicians come out to diagnose and fix the issue with the HVAC system. Regardless of when your HVAC emergency occurs, our company has you covered with emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As licensed contractors and specialists in the field of heating and air conditioning, we have the tools, the equipment and the experience to keep your HVAC system running smoothly all year long.