TECH TIP OF THE MONTH- JUNE: WHAT DO I DO IF THERE IS NO COOL AIR COMING FROM MY HEAT PUMP
June 20, 2017
By: Patricia Cermignano
Have you ever come home from being out all day to a house that is sweltering hot only to find out that your heat pump has stopped working? While the first thing that comes to mind is that there is a serious issue with your heat pump, it is important to go through a few troubleshooting tips first before assuming the worst. The technicians at Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. have created a list of troubleshooting tips that they recommend you try as soon you sense that there may be an issue with your heat pump:
- Check your thermostat settings to ensure that the temperature control selector is set below the current room temperature and that the system switch is on the COOL or AUTO position. The fan switch should be set to ON for constant flow of air or AUTO if you want the blower to operate only when the heat pump is operating.
- Try to get the heat pump to turn on by lowering the thermostat to its lowest temperature setting.
- If the air flow out of the registers appears to be low, check the air filter. If an air filter is dirty, this can block air flow.
- Check to ensure that all registers are open and not blocked.
- Check the power disconnect switch by both the indoor and outdoor unit.
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for both the indoor and outdoor unit.
If the problem with your heat pump continues after going through the troubleshooting tips, please call our office at 610-642-6323 to schedule an appointment to have a technician come out to take a look at your unit and diagnose the issue. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.bobsredtrucks.com/support/troubleshooting-heat-pump-no-cooling/.