TECH TIP OF THE MONTH: AUGUST 2016- HVAC REBATES
August 04, 2016
By: Patricia Cermignano
An important question to ask your HVAC company before an installation is whether any of the equipment you are purchasing is eligible for rebates. Often times HVAC manufacturers, utility companies or the government offer rebates as an incentive to purchase more energy efficient equipment. As August’s Tech Tip of the Month is about HVAC Rebates, our technicians have compiled a list of tips to help customers learn more about rebates and how to redeem them.
Tech Tip- HVAC Rebates:
- If you are in the market for a new HVAC system, have a conversation with your HVAC company to inquire about any rebates that are available and to learn more about what equipment qualifies for rebates.
- Make note of the dates that the rebates are valid. Rebates are similar to promotions in the sense that they are time sensitive.
- Learn the details of the rebates. For instance, rebates are only available with certain qualifying equipment. Furthermore, most rebates are only available to a customer once the installation has been paid in full.
- Work with your HVAC company to make a timeline of the installation so you can ensure that you are giving yourself sufficient time to make a decision on the equipment you would like installed, schedule the installation, pay for the installation in full and apply for the rebate.
- As it is up to the customer to submit all necessary paper work for rebates, it is important to familiarize yourself with the HVAC manufacturer’s, the utility company’s or the government’s rebate website. The rebate websites are also a great tool to learn more information about the rebates you are applying for.
At Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc., we are with our customers every step of the way from learning and inquiring about rebates to redeeming rebates. We see great value in upgrading to more energy efficient HVAC systems, and we want to ensure that every customer who qualifies for a rebate is able to take advantage of it.