PRODUCT OF THE MONTH- MAY: VENTILATORS
April 17, 2018
By: Patricia Cermignano
According to Bryant®, a ventilator "captures heating or cooling energy from stale indoor air and transfer it to fresh incoming air". Ventilators help bring fresh air into your home without losing any heating or cooling energy. How does a ventilator work? Please see below for the 11-step process:
- Internal Air Intake- draws in stale indoor air, detecting it through the heat exchanger core.
- External Air Intake- draws outside air, venting it through the air filter.
- Internal Air Exhaust- vents indoor air outside from the heat exchanger core. Up to 84% of the indoor heat has been removed, helping minimizing utility costs.
- Fresh Air Exhaust- vents conditioned, heated outdoor air into your living areas.
- High Efficiency Heat Recovery Core- extracts heat from stale indoor air and transfers it to fresh outdoor air for maximum comfort with little heat loss. This core also removes excess humidity from recirculated air- lower humidity levels help you stay comfortable at higher temperatures in the summer and lower temperatures in the winter.
- Ventilator Motor- moves air through the system efficiently and quietly.
- Air Filter- cleans outdoor air of small particles before they circulate through your home.
- Electronic Circuit Board- adjusts air circulation modes and motor speeds.
- Damper Defrost- helps prevent frost from forming within the system, eliminating the need for a supplemental energy- consuming electric defroster. This defroster engages when temperatures drop below 23°F.
- Briefcase-Style Exterior Latches- allow easy filter with no tools required.
- Simple Wall Control- makes operating the HRV easy and convenient.
If you or your family suffers from allergies, ventilators are a great alternative for introducing fresh air into your home versus opening your windows. They also do a great job of reducing cooking and pet odors, smoke and other pollutants out of your home.
For more information, please contact our office at 610-642-6323 or visit our website.