PRODUCT OF THE MONTH- DUCTLESS SYSTEMS
October 03, 2017
By: Patricia Cermignano
Do you have:
- A recent addition on your house?
- A particular room/rooms that have issues with regulating temperatures year-round?
- A house with no existing ductwork?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, a ductless system may be the answer to your home comfort issues!
Ductless systems, commonly known as mini-split systems, are a flexible solution for your home's heating and/or cooling needs. Typically, a ductless system contains a wall-mounted indoor unit and an outdoor compressor. Whether you have a room that has challenges with ductwork or a room that has difficulties regulating temperature in, there are several single or multi-zone ductless system styles that can be installed high on the wall, in the ceiling or near the floor to help meet your home comfort needs. Similar to whole-house HVAC systems, the higher the SEER and HSPF ratings, the more energy efficiency the ductless systems will be. Ductless systems come in a variety of configurations and types. Please see below for the various forms:
- Ductless High Wall Indoor Heat Pump
- Ductless High Wall Indoor Air Conditioner
- Alternate Indoor Ductless Unit
- Single Zone Ductless Outdoor Unit
- Multi-Zone Ductless Outdoor Unit
While the ductless systems can be a great solution to improve the comfort in your home, it is a difficult decision to know if installing a ductless system is right for your home. We have created a list of Pros and Cons to help make this decision-making process a bit easier.
The benefits of installing a ductless system in your home include, but are not limited to:
- Installation only requires a very small hole be drilled into the wall
- Less vulnerable to air leakage
- Energy Efficient
- Can save up to 30% on heating and cooling costs in the rooms where the ductless systems are installed
The downsides of installing a ductless system in your home include, but are not limited to:
- Installation/Up-Front Costs
- Design/Aesthetics of the ductless systems (only come in white or beige, cannot be covered up)
While there are many factors to consider when deciding whether a ductless system is the right fit for your home comfort needs, it is important to know that the technicians and office staff at Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. are always there to help guide you along the decision-making process. If you are interested in learning more details about ductless systems or would like to have a ductless system installed in your house, please call us at 610-642-6323 or visit us on our website at http://www.bobsredtrucks.com/products/duct-free-systems/.