HOW TO WINTERIZE YOUR HOUSE
December 01, 2016
By: Patricia Cermignano
And just like that, we are in the final month of 2016! The first thing that comes to mind when we think of December is the holiday season and all of the joys and chaos that it brings. However, what people tend to forget is that December also brings shorter days and colder nights. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the season, people often fail to remember to winterize their homes before the heart of winter arrives in a few short weeks.
Bob Cermignano Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. wants you to enjoy and have a stress-free holiday season this year. Therefore, we have compiled a list of everything you need to do to help winterize your home this season.
- Have a heat check performed by a trained HVAC technician.
- Change all air filters.
- Drain hot water heaters at the beginning of the season to remove any built-up sediment.
- Check to ensure your attic is properly insulated.
- Have your heating chimney inspected and cleaned along with the fireplace chimney (if you have a fireplace).
- Seal any drafty windows and doors with weather stripping.
- Insulate any exposed water pipes to prevent them from freezing.
- Move all furniture away from vents.
- Replenish any emergency kits you may have in your house.
- Insulate all outdoor faucets and disconnect and put away hoses and sprinkler equipment.
- Trim all branches around your house.
If you have not started to winterize your house yet, there’s still time, but we recommend that you start soon. If you are interested in scheduling a heat check, please give our office a call or check out our new website www.bobsredtrucks.com for more details.